Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You Think My HAIR is thin: You should see my Patience!


Forgive me for whining, but I just want the film-makers to return to Iowa and I want Iowa Senator Bill Dotzler, Jr., to come-up with a great new film project bill before the next legislative session begins in January of next year. If he fails to craft a new bill, with input from actors, producers, crew, and others in the film industry, we will not have a film program, because the one in place now has a three year suspension. Three years is the same as death for films. It's just like sentencing an old man to ten years in prison... he'd die there.

To bolster credibility we need to have a concerted effort to have our needs heard and known. The Busbees and Neil Wells and Jay Villwock and Dave Thrasher and Doug Miller and Eric Freese and others have done their utmost to help, but the hundreds and maybe thousands of others out there in the Iowa film world have only peeked from behind trees and doors with one eye.... HEY! YOU! Yes, YOU! Come ON! TALK!!! Say something! Tell us why film-making is essential for YOU!

Are you happy now? Now I am going to over-eat because I'm worried.

gino

No comments:

Post a Comment