Friday, April 23, 2010

Note From Tom Wheeler... He Needs Your Help

Good morning,

This is Tom Wheeler, formerly of the Iowa Film Office. For those of you who might not know, I am the former Film Office manager due to legal actions taken against me by the Attorney General of Iowa. On February 8, 2010, the Attorney General filed "misconduct in office" charges against me for allegedly failing to perform a legal duty.

I disagree with this charge and am defending myself against it.

In my defense, my family and friends have set up the legal defense fund "Fund for Tom" through the web site www.fundfortom.com. At this site, you will find various news articles about the case as well as a link to PayPal for donations.

This defense is very expensive. I welcome whatever can be given including messages of support. Even the most modest contribution is greatly appreciated.

Please visit www.fundfortom.com for more information and to make a contribution.

Also, please feel free to forward this message to whomever you feel is appropriate to get it or reply with "remove" in the message to be removed from this list.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Tom Wheeler.

1 comment:

  1. This is great. Tom is good guy and we all know he is innocent of the charges. We should all get behind Tom and support his legal defense so he can get back in the Iowa film game and help us move forward, not backward. Tom did a lot of good work for the industry and Iowa and because it's a political year he's being pursued for political reasons, which have and will backfire. I'm supporting Tom!

    ReplyDelete