Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Ain't Gonna Give Up Asking For Your Help


Dave Thrasher and Bill Hamilton Posted some thoughts pertaining to our present Iowa film industry situation on my Facebook Group Page: I.A.C.T. (Iowa Actors and Crew Together and Producers, Too). Iowa Senator Bill Dotzler, Jr. replied with a very sobering comment. Here is his comment:

"Great Points and I'm all ears! The senate budget which I chair has $200,000 of the Governors recommendations in it for the film office. I know I'm not the only person who supports the office in the legislature, but in view of what happened they are avoiding it like the plague. Legislators need to hear from you and that's the bottom line. Senator Bill Dotzler"

Some Iowa legislators think ALL movie makers are crooks. Somehow they don't remember that the majority of films made here were made by honest producers. They don't understand that the new Iowa film office will NOT include tax incentives. I know from speaking face to face with them that many simply do NOT know the facts. They need to hear from you. I have posted the addresses for Iowa legislators several times for folks to copy and paste and that info is easily available on line.

Unless you are proud that Iowa is only known for being an insurance industry center, a major hog industry state, a soybeans and corn capitol, a state without creative people, you really have to make some noise and you need to make it NOW!

I want Iowa to be a place for creativity and I hope you do as well.

gino

No comments:

Post a Comment