Thursday, September 2, 2010

Noted Actor Flees Iowa


My good friend Neil Wells is fleeing from Iowa and will relocate in Louisiana, where that state's film program is in full swing. Neil went to bat with Jay Villwock and John and Kim Busbee and myself by going face to face with Iowa legislators.

He spoke at legislative committee meetings, he went one-on-one with many Iowa senators and representatives, and eloquently spoke for our Iowa film community at several news conferences and interviews.

Neil's acting career includes appearing on several national t.v. shows and being in several feature films, so his loss will be felt not only by me, but by many.

Thank you, Neil. Please check in with me and us when you can. I am grateful that I got to be in a little movie with you and I hope you knock 'em dead down there!

gino

photo: Neil, on right, with fellow actor, Jay Villwock in the Iowa Capitol Rotunda

No comments:

Post a Comment